This article on the spur in the foot is dedicated to people who continually suffer the discomfort without knowing that there are effective natural remedies.
Ram causes foot
The spur is an abnormal bone growth that occurs as a result of friction between two bones and end up deteriorating articular cartilage. Joint damage is produced by the supported load, for a long period of time, stroke, fracture sequelae, obesity or continued stress.
The bone spur often affects knees, spine, feet, hips and joints that have frequent movement (like hands).
Bone spurs can interfere with the normal functioning of the joint, pressing nearby tissues such as tendons and ligaments. This pressure can cause inflammation, pain, muscle spasms and loss of mobility, in addition to progressive joint deformity. The pain may be more intense in the early hours of the morning or after any period of rest.
Phytotherapy or herbal therapy
Medicinal plants for the ram have an important role in treating substance of this problem:
- Devil’s Claw extracts, Meadowsweet, White willow and juniper help for its anti-inflammatory action.
- Those of horsetail, nettle and lemon for its mineralizing action.
- Apply as poultices on the affected area decoction of the root or Cardo Ajonjero League (Atractylis gummifera L).
- Fill a bag of flannel or cotton fabric thick with coarse salt, pine needles, rosemary and lavender, warm in the oven and apply on the affected part.
Oligotherapy to spur foot
- Manganese-based treatment to prevent chronicity copper and copper as an anti-inflammatory.
- Fluor: prevents bone deterioration.
- Sulfur: to regenerate connective tissue.
- Iodine indicated in case of muscular weakness.
- Manganese has a useful antioxidant effect in case of joint pains.
Frictions and massages based soybean oil, and essential oil of pine, lemon, juniper, ginger and juniper, relieve pain, activate circulation and help eliminate toxins. Frictions though painful, are very effective in reducing the spur.
Diet and nutrition
It is essential to follow a healthy diet, and try to maintain a healthy weight. Being overweight increases the pressure on joints increasing the condition and pain.
- It is essential to increase consumption of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and calcium-rich foods and magnesium, as well as taking flaxseed and fish rich in Omega 3.
- Avoid red meat, sausages, saturated fats and refined sugars.
- Do without salt in the diet, alcohol, coffee and snuff.
- Reduce consumption of Solanaceae: tomato, pepper, eggplant and potatoes.
- Avoid products Light and artificial sweeteners.
Vitamins and minerals (orthomolecular therapy)
- The supplement glucosamine sulfate produces large profits by strengthening cartilage and reducing pain and inflammation.
- In addition antioxidant supplementation with carotenoids and vitamins C, E and D, retards the formation of ram.
You may also like to read another article on eGoodH: 7 common mistakes when going to the physiotherapist
Physical therapy can help with techniques such as Kinesio Tape or neuromuscular bandage based on preserving injury recovery movement and muscle activity. It is the application of an adhesive tape similar to the skin, which manages to reduce inflammation elastic properties, causing an analgesic effect, and optimize joint, ligament and muscle function. Traditionally it used the normal tape.
- The hot baths with sodium bicarbonate and camphor powder, alternating with cold water baths, are useful to reduce inflammatory processes and stimulate circulation.
- Daily applications with mud packs or wrappers (peloids) in the affected area are indicated by their analgesic and muscle relaxant action.
- Finish treatments using arnica cream or gel.
Homeopathy for spur in the foot
They can be of great help remedies such as Arnica Montana, Calcarea Fluorica, Hekla Lava, comfrey, Rhus Toxicodendrom, Ledum Palustre, among others. For a better choice of remedy is important to know the modalities of symptoms, if the pain is sharp, if it improves with movement or whether on the contrary, improvement stillness … keeping in mind that homeopathy is individualized medicine that chances of success depend on personal work with your homeopath.
Exercises and stretches
Despite the pain caused by the ram must avoid sedentary lifestyle by swimming, walking, yoga exercises … that do not impose stress on the joints.