Do not forget that these shakes are used to accompany the treatment prescribed by the specialist to regulate cholesterol levels and are not an alternative.
Cholesterol is a lipid molecule in the blood. There are two types …
- The “good” cholesterol (HDL) is important for the prevention of cardiovascular diseases.
- The “bad” cholesterol (LDL) can cause alterations in the functioning of the organism.
Currently there is no 100% effective drug treatment to regulate cholesterol levels. Fortunately, however, there are several foods that can help regulate the bad cholesterol and increase the good one.
In this article, we present some recipes using these ingredients. The smoothies are delicious and are a great way to give effortlessly body what it needs.
What foods cause an increase in LDL cholesterol in the blood?
Before speaking of the foods that should be included in the diet, let us reflect on those that need to limit consumption to regulate cholesterol levels …
- Red meat
- Pork (bacon, sausage, ham)
- French fries
- Ice cream
You can at this point to take the right precautions to reduce energy consumption and prevent damage to your body. It is important to make healthy changes to your eating habits.
The importance of good cholesterol or HDL
HDL cholesterol has the task of attracting the fat particles to prevent them from sticking to artery walls by altering blood circulation.
This, in turn, prevents the formation of plaques in the arteries (clogging of the arteries) . When there is likely to suffer enough HDL cholesterol in the blood, is below:
- Heart attacks
- Diabetic foot
- Alteration in cerebral circulation
What foods to take to regulate cholesterol levels?
In particular, the Omega 3 and Omega 6, help to keep the heart healthy. These fatty acids are found in …
- Dried fruits (nuts)
- Flax seed
- Fish (sardines, salmon, tuna)
These nutrients are able to reduce bad cholesterol, extending the life of the good cholesterol. They are found in …
- Vegetables (eggplant, carrots, turnips)
- Fruit (mango, mandarin, pineapple, papaya, peaches).
You may also like to read: Fasting Diet: Detoxify your body!
1. Blender beet, orange and cranberry
The beet brings nutrients such as vitamin A, B vitamins and folic acid. Along with other ingredients, such as strawberries, blueberries, oranges and oatmeal, you get a good shake to control cholesterol levels.
- 1 beetroot
- 6 strawberries
- ¼ cup blueberries (37.5 g)
- The juice of 2 oranges
- 1 tablespoon of rolled oats (10 g)
- ½ glass of water (100 ml)
- Place all ingredients in blender and begin to blend until mixture is smooth and without lumps.
- You can consume this smoothie every day, on an empty stomach.
2. Blender apple, spinach and parsley
Both the spinach or parsley are vegetables that contain nutrients that can regulate cholesterol levels. Being rich in dietary fiber, antioxidants and unsaturated fats, they are an excellent alternative to avoid the risks associated with cholesterol.
- 1 apple
- 1 cup of leaves of spinach (30 g)
- ½ cup of parsley (15 g)
- Ice (to taste)
- Place all ingredients in blender.
- You can drink this shake all day without risk.
3. Lemon smoothie, garlic and cabbage
Cabbage is the solution to reduce cholesterol levels naturally. The amount of vitamins, antioxidants and fiber that contributes directly affects cardiovascular health. Do not worry about the taste, the lemon will alleviate the strong taste.
- 2 cloves garlic
- Small cabbage ¼
- The juice of 3 lemons
- ½ cup of water (125 ml)
- Chop the garlic cloves in the blender
- Add the previously washed and chopped cabbage, lemon juice and water.
- Blend all the ingredients for a few seconds and then strain the mixture. You can drink half a cup a day to lower cholesterol.
- This smoothie is not to be consumed for a prolonged period because it could weaken the thyroid gland.
4. Blender chayote, celery and pineapple
The chayote belongs to the gourd family and is a very common vegetable in Mexican cuisine. It is a food rich in fiber, vitamin C and antioxidants that help regulate cholesterol levels. Celery, however, is rich in water, thus keeping the arteries clean. Pineapple not only it gives a delicious flavor to this smoothie, but complete the intake of vitamin C and antioxidants.
- 1 chayote
- 1 slice of pineapple
- 2 stalks of celery
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Drink this smoothie once a day, preferably on an empty stomach for best results.
Pay attention to cholesterol levels
If you have found alterations in cholesterol, it is important that there regular medical checks. The frequency will depend on their own by blood cholesterol levels and the risk of cardiovascular disease. In addition to drinking these smoothies, make sure you give yourself carefully follow the instructions from your doctor.